Single Ended Triode Stereo Amplifier
So here is the small or mini version to our reference 2A3i. The Mini is constructed with the very powerful and quiet 12AX7, to yield a single stage pre-amp. We'd considered using both 5687 or 6H30 tubes, but both will require a 2-stage design (plus the availability of tubes is not as good as that of the 12AX7s), which wouldn't sound as direct nor realistic. Those who listen to the these 45/2A3 Triode tubes with little output power isn't worried about gain nor drive anyway, so to tube connoisseurs, the quality and refinement are far important.
Showing our prototype below, the power and choke transformers is handled by the Canadians (due to space, as well as, the availability of international voltage). Output transformers can be expressed by the very best Hashimoto. For parts, lots of Mundorf ECAPs and Coupling caps will be used. Tube sockets for the 12AX7 and the GZ32/5V4 are made by 3Q Japan. Alps Blue will be used, but those who wanted, like what's shown in the photos, it can be upgraded to DACT, and the pictured matching DACT polished stainless steel knob. For those who want to unleash its full potential with our matching pre-amps, we can turn this into a pure power amp, with a Triode Lab name plate over the volume control holes.
The sample built is a 45 Mini with an exceptional 2W before distortion, thanks to the high-end Tamura output transformers. This is why most 45 amps come in 1.5W only. And no, you cannot run the two tubes the same time, we make the finest 2A3 amp or we make the best 45 amp only. We do not make a half-quality circuit to run two tubes loosely together for convenience. The two tubes, which is totally different and required different optimization to maximize each tube's potential. (For example - out of many things, we run the 45 with 5K output transformer and 2A3 in 2.5-3.5K, it is totally different transformers! never-mind there are many other adjustments thru out the rest of the circuitry to make it finest AND reliable/durable to be a selling product they are made to last).
Ask about the 2A3 Mini RS Parallel Mono Blocks with double the power!
Make to order only - 2A3/45 Mini Integrated is hand wired thru out, a circuit board is used to mount the triode tube socket, coupling cap and loading resistor only.
45 Mini with Triode Lab Canada Made Transformers $3,999 CAD / 45 Mini with full Hashimoto Transformers $4,999 USD
No shipping / No tubes / No tube cage / Made to order / Plus any upgrades extra
Finish : Any Finale / Triode Lab Official Colours
- Finale Pink-Lingu RCA Input (Finished in Rose Gold plating)
- Triode Lab Stainless Steel Solid Knob - Handpolished / Hand made in Canada
- Mundorf Germany Silver in Oil Coupling Caps
- Alps Blue Japan Blue Velvet Volume Pot
- Furutech Gold IEC AC Inlet
- Premium plastic 5 way speaker binding posts (Up-gradable , but most brand name manufactures from Mac to Sim, they have proved this set of binding post will easily last over 30 years of durable use and are well insulated)
Single Ended Triode Mono Amplifiers
- 2W Class A Single Ended Triode Mono-Blocks
- 1V Input Sensitivity (Optional low gain 1.5V - 2V Input Sensitivity, recommended for 99 db + speakers)
- Complete Canadian Transformers
- Triode Lab P-10 Output Transformers (Specific designed and engineered for low watts refinement around 2A3/45/300B/6V6 Tubes)
- Hammond Canada Choke Transformer
- Triode Lab Mono Power Transformer, proprietary designed for 2A3/45 Single Ended Triode application (CSA/UL Compliance)
- 80 db Signal to noise ratio / A Weighted (Conservatively rated)
- Mundorf Evo Oil Coupling Caps
- CMC USA Gold RCA Inputs (Finale's Pink-Lingu RCA for Walnut Edition)
- High Quality Binding Posts 8 / 16 Ohms
- 12AX7 / 45 / 5U4 Only (5V4/5Z4 substitute)
- 2017 New Option - Upgraded the ceramic 2A3 tube socket to CMC Teflon Type - so you will never insert wrong pins!
- Top Plate Colours/Finish : Ask for more details!
- $4,500 CAD / Pair + Upgrades
Walnut Edition Is Also Available for $3,500 CAD / Pair
Rated Output Power @ 8 ohms : 2W @ 1%
Operation : Class A Autobias
Input Sensitivity and Impedance: 1V at 220k +/-10%
Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz +/-1db at 1 Watt
Hum & Noise (A-Weight): 80 db or better at rated output (Conservatively rated)
This is the only design that will safely put the 45 tube in its best working operation point, because this is designed and engineered with the 45 tube, instead of the more powerful 2A3 tube. One set of variables/design will NOT be able to maximize the full potential of two different tubes! And this is where the 45 Mono Blocks come in, and they are very popular on 100db+ applications.
Parellel Single Ended Mono Blocks
Single Ended Triode Stereo Amplifier
- Your choice of 12AX7 or 6H30 as drivers
- Power output : 45 - 2W before distortion
- The 12AX7 version is handmade in our usual top notch 3D classic hard-wiring ; 6H30 version required a more complicated design and required to perform best on a circuit board that is entirely grounded/shielded for the best result. We've mastered this tube over a long period of time and even though this tube required more attention and work, we just like the sound of it. Either driver-stage uses finest resistors and e-caps, and via industry best QQQ-Japan's tube socket
- Your choice of: Hammonds or Hashimoto Transformers Set
- Dual Choke Transformers (One supply the operation and one supply the tubes) following its dedicated high quality dual Mundorf MLytic Ecaps
- Chassis size : 18" W x 12" D x 2" H
- Pure Copper Chassis ($1,000 Extra) , finished in a semi-gloss lacquer for a rich and elegant presentation. The high quality copper material is much heavier than its aluminum counterpart, as well, a good conductive material for electric (there are reasons why your experienced audiophiler say its a sweet thing!), and expensive to source and fabricate (very hard material). It requires a week of dip, clean and polish right here in Toronto, before it can be sent off to our clear-coat facility with lint-free glovehandling at all time. The time, labour, and going to four different shops easily increase the value of these copper chassis north of $2K. They weigh close to 30 lbs without any transformers.
- Rectified and voiced by Mullard GZ32/ EML 274B (5U4/5V4 can be substitute, 5AR4/GZ34 not recommended on NOS/Old 2A3 and 45)
- Premium Parts - Finale's Pink-Gold RCA / Cardas Binding Posts, Mundorf Silver in Oil Caps, Furutech Rhodium AC IEC, QQQ Japan's tube sockets...etc.
MSRP: $8,999 USD (Hashimoto or James) / $8,999 CAD (Triode Lab / Canadian Transformers, spec)
- Limited. Made-to-order only. Lead time required.
- Pricing INCLUDING 3" Foam Vault/Triple Layer Carton Box/Optional Wood-crate Shipping Arrangement. 60 lbs +
- No tubes included!
Single Ended Triode Mono Amplifiers
- Parallel 45 Tubes per Channel - 4W minimum
- Full suit of Hashimoto transformers (Starting 2017)
- Dual Hashimoto Choke transformers - One supply the operation and one supply the tubes), following its dedicated dual high quality Mundorf M-Lytic Ecaps
- Hashimoto 45/2A3 power transformer (The best kind power transformer for the 2A3 application currently, and it makes a substantial improvements on the AC heated 45/2A3 applications, it's not just quieter, but it sounds better!)
- Chassis size : 18" W x 12" D x 2" H PER BLOCK
- Rectified/Voiced by Mullard GZ32/EML 274B (5AR4/5V4/5U4 ...etc all can be used)
- Goodies - Cardas RCA / Binding Post 0-4-8-16 (or Furutech Carbon Fibre Binding Post 0-8 Ohms), Mundorf Silver in Oil Caps, Furutech Rhodium IEC...etc. Whichever high end parts work to your ears!
- Pure Copper Chassis (Addional $1,000 USD), finished in a semi-gloss lacquer for a rich and elegant presentation. The copper material is much heavier than its aluminum counterpart as well a good conductive material for electric (there are reasons why your experienced audiophiler say its a sweet thing!), and expensive to source and fabricate. It requires a week of dip, clean and polish right here in Toronto, before it can send off to our clear-coat facility with lint free gloves handling at all time. The time, labour, and going to four different shops easily jack up the value of these copper chassis north of $2K.
- MSRP - $18,000 USD Pair with full suit of Hashimoto 8 Pcs Transformers or $16,000 CAD Pair with full suit of Triode Lab - Canadian Transformers
- Pricing INCLUDING 3" Foam Vault/Triple Layer Carton Box/Wood-crate Shipping Arrangement. 100 lbs+